As the summer temperatures creep in, motorists should remember that vehicles can get better fuel efficiency with their windows closed and air conditioning on when at fast speeds. However, during stop-and-go traffic it’s more efficient to open the windows, according to the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA).
The aerodynamics of a vehicle are improved with the windows closed on the highway, as there is less drag on the vehicle. There are other ways to improve fuel efficiency with the top advice being to service your vehicle regularly!
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), there are several other tips a motorist can follow to improve gas mileage, including:
- Turn the engine off if you anticipate a lengthy wait. Idling burns more gas than restarting the engine.
- Avoid carrying unnecessary weight in your vehicle. Extra weight decreases gas mileage. Also, reduce drag by placing items inside your vehicle rather than on roof racks.
- Keep tires aligned and inflated. Keep tries inflated to the maximum pressure can improve the gas mileage of a vehicle.
- Get regular car maintenance and engine tune-ups. Tune-ups improve performance of the vehicle as well as gas mileage.
- Avoid stop and go traffic by taking an alternative route that may be less busy.
Make an appointment with Texas Auto and let us take care of your auto repair and maintenance needs!
SERVICE HOURS: MONDAY-FRIDAY 8AM-6PM / SATURDAY 9AM-3PM
CONTACT TEXAS AUTO SERVICE (281) 938-2059
SCHEDULE SERVICE NOW
Texas Auto is celebrating 13 years of business with a Jeep Show & Car Crush! The public is invited to join the celebration on May 13, 2017 from 11am to 2pm at Texas Auto South located at 16200 Highway 3, Webster, TX 77598. This is a free show! A deluxe BBQ lunch will be provided to all attendees! Trophies will be awarded. The first 13 entries will receive a free event t-shirt!
To register for this free event: http://form.jotform.com/70886761650162
Registration will also be open at the show from 11am-12pm!
You never know when you’ll need to use your spare tire! A little preventive maintenance can play dividends when they’re needed.
If a compact spare tire has been tucked into a cargo floor for several years, there is a good chance it is severely underinflated. It may be unable to handle the load and stress of emergency road duty. Compact spares should be inflated to 60 pounds per square inch- anything less could damage the wheel. A “doughnut” spare is designed for only temporary use, though, typically up to 100 miles max. A vehicle owner should check the spare tire at least twice a year. If your spare is mounted to your liftgate or under the cargo area, dirt, salt, water, and snow can cause corrosion to your mounting hardware. Periodic inspection, and cleaning, can make it easier to remove the spare when needed.
If your vehicle has a tire inflator kit instead of a spare tire, you could run into different issues. The sealant may not be able to seal all punctures. Also the sealant that gets injected into the tire probably has an expiration date. The sealant might not work as well after that date, so it should be replaced.
Finally, keep a large plastic trash bag in your vehicle. This will allow you to transport a flat tire without dirtying the trunk, or potentially, the cabin.
We hope you’ve found this helpful! Texas Auto encourages you to drive safely. If you have questions about our used car inventory or our service center contact us!
We are five days away from the most romantic day of the year- Valentine’s Day! Is your vehicle equipped for this special day? Here are a few features that will ensure your vehicle plays part of your Valentine’s plans with your special someone.
Locking Center Console
Nothing says romance like a locking center console. Stick the jewelry for your special someone in the console, lock it up, and don’t worry about it before pulling it out when the time is right.
Set the right mood with a playlist of romantic songs. Sync your phone or music player to your car and you can hear exactly what you want, when you want, without major hassle. Bluetooth Audio is offered in many Texas Auto vehicles- 2015 BMW 328i Sedan, 2015 Ram 1500 SLT Truck Quad Cab, 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk SUV, and more…
In most climates, February is accompanied by cold temperatures, snow, or freezing rain! Heated seats can’t quite match up to cuddling in front of a fire, but they’ll keep you warm until you can get there. You and your date will be nice and cozy enjoying the heated leather seats in this 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sedan.
If you’re lucky enough to live in the Houston area, there’s no better feature for Valentine’s Day than a convertible top! No cold weather or snow in Houston so put the top down and enjoy the moonlight. This Moonlight White 2014 Infiniti Sport Convertible is perfect for the occasion!
Feel the love this Valentine’s Day at Texas Auto. If you have questions about our used car inventory or our service center contact us!
It’s possible to get a tax deduction for car mileage if the vehicle is used for business purposes, charitable services, medical purposes and moving or relocating. If the vehicle is only used for business purposes, the complete cost of operating the vehicle can be deducted but if the vehicle is used for both personal and business purposes, only costs incurred for business use of the vehicle may be deducted.
- It’s essential that you maintain records of car mileage and the expenses incurred in order to get the tax deduction.
- Start noting the odometer reading from the date you start using your car for business purposes. Note the date, number of miles driven and the purpose for which the car was driven.
- Also note the expenses incurred for each trip, be it expenses for driving the car or maintaining it. Note the date, the amount and the type of expense incurred. Also keep the receipts of all such expenses filed properly.
- The expenses can include gasoline, oil change, parking fees, repairs, car insurance, toll fees and car registration fees.
- You have to maintain records of any reimbursements related to car expenses you receive from your employer.
- At the end of the year, calculate the business miles travelled in the year and the expenses incurred for business related purposes for the same duration. Also calculate your reimbursements received.
- Use this information when you prepare your income tax returns and be careful to keep your records for at least three years before discarding them.
- The IRS also allows small engine tax credit and this can be used to your advantage if you have a hybrid car, electric car or any other vehicle with a small engine.
We hope you’ve found this helpful. We want to see you get the most for your tax refund, so stop by Texas Auto to browse our used cars this tax season.